It's pronounced "Aa-yur-veda".
Ayurveda translates to the 'Science of Life'. More than 10,000 years ago in India, the indigenous people lived in the midst of nature and seeked solutions for health and happiness. Slowly and surely they uncovered the connections between humans and their surroundings and came to the understanding that it is possible to be happy and healthy if we learn to be in balance with our external environment. This knowledge was validated over the next several thousand years and preserved in ancient texts.
You can learn more about Ayurveda here :
A person is healthy if he/she -
Ayurveda is relevant for everyone. It is India's gift to the world. It is based on universal truths and its efficacy is in its simplicity. It is similar to yoga and is gaining popularity all over the world.
Ayurveda recognizes that each person has a unique mind-body constitution. The Ayurvedic consultation process identifies the various components of an individual’s mind-body constitution, determines where any imbalances may exist, and provides education, guidance, and options for helping the individual to nourish, stimulate, and balance vital energy to bring about their own improvements in health and wellness. It is an individual’s correct implementation of the right Ayurvedic practices that bring about improved health and wellness.
I am an Ayurvedic Health Counselor. I am not a doctor. My focus is preventive health and wellness via food and lifestyle suggestions. My goal is to help you in bringing your body and mind to a level where they can heal themselves.
This is how my consultations are structured.
1. First you book a complimentary discovery call with me here.
2. If we decide to work with each other, I email you a questionnaire for you to fill and email back to me
3. We meet online or in-person if you are in Santa Clara on your appointment day and I ask you more questions and go over your filled answers.
4. We schedule another meeting in 7 days where I present to you the report of findings, and we discuss the recommendations. We co create your wellness plan.
5. I call you after 2 weeks to follow up with you on how you are doing.
Yes, Ayurveda and Yoga are sister sciences. The Ancient seers believed that the body is the vehicle for spiritual growth. Ayurveda is the science that helps the body and mind reach a level of balance so that they can be a better yogi!
The ancient way of practicing these ancient sciences were as follows:
Ayurveda - Everyone practiced Ayurveda for good health, happiness, longevity and creative growth. Knowledge of Ayurveda builds a strong foundation of a healthy body via diet, lifestyle, herbs etc. Here body doesn't refer to just the body we see. It is the metyaphysical body which includes our body as well as the energies that run it.
Yoga - Whoever seeks self realization practices yoga. Yoga is for union with the Divine. The goal of yoga is liberation while the goal of Ayurveda is to give you the body which is capable of liberation.
Hence both Yoga and Ayurveda are interdependent. None of these practices stand alone. The more we combine them, the more balanced we feel. It is necessary to understand the principles of Ayurveda in order to experience the practice of Yoga.
Tarot is a form of divination. Tarot cards act as a medium to connect our lower selfs to our higher self. Our higher self know much more than what our lower self knows. Hence it gives us guidance for Life's questions. The questions could be about relationships, finance, career, worries, fears etc.
You are ready for Ayurveda if
- You are seeking for answers to understand your child better and meet your child where he/she is.
- You are seeking a holistic path to wellness
- You want to feel wellness from within
- You want to feel balanced in mind and body
- You are ready for a change in lifestyle to invest in your future health
- You want to understand yourself and be a better version of yourself
- You want to live life with intention
- You want to take your health into your own hands and manage it with food and lifestyle